Fenix LD01 Flashlight
A keychain flashlight with three brightness levels, the Fenix LD01 LED flashlight is an ideal pocket tool for people who want to keep it light in more ways than one. The LD01 offers three output types: 85 lumens (which lasts for one hour on a single AAA battery), 28 lumens (3.5 hours), and 9 lumens (11 hours). As a result, you can find a setting for virtually any activity, from shining a light in a dark cave to getting a closer look at a car engine. Just as importantly, the LD01 measures only 0.55 inches in diameter and 2.95 inches long, helping it fit easily in a jacket pocket or messenger bag (the light also includes a stainless-steel pocket clip for wearing in a shirt pocket). And thanks to the light’s long-lasting Cree XP-E LED bulb, the LD01 shines a beam steadily for roughly 50,000 hours before burning out.
The flashlight is also well built, with a durable aircraft-grade aluminum body coated with a premium Type III hard-anodized, anti-abrasive finish. The construction–which also includes a toughened ultra-clear glass lens with an anti-reflective coating–helps the light hold up to all kinds of abuse. Other features include a reliable twist switch for easy one-handed operation, a waterproof housing to the IPX-8 standard, and a spare O-ring. The LD01, which also stands on a flat surface to serve as a candle, weighs 0.5 ounces (excluding batteries). The flashlight carries a limited lifetime warranty.
- Bulb: Cree XP-E LED
- Bulb lifespan: 50,000 hours
- Lighting mode outputs: 28 lumens, 9 lumens, 85 lumens
- Runtime: 3.5 hours (28 lumens), 11 hours (9 lumens), 1 hour (85 lumens)
- Working voltage: 0.9 to 1.7 volts
- Construction material: Aircraft-grade aluminum
- Finish: Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Waterproof: Yes, to IPX-8 standard
- Accessories: Pocket clip, key ring, and spare O-ring
- Batteries: One 1.5-volt AAA (NiMH or alkaline)
- Dimensions: 0.55 inches in diameter, 2.95 inches long
- Weight: 0.5 ounces (not including battery)