The Home Lighting Effects Bible: Ideas and Know-How for Better Lighting in Every Part of Your Home [Spiral-bound]
Thorough explanations of lighting choices will enable amateurs to work knowledgeably with professionals or…handle lighting choices on their own. (Gayle A. Williamson, Fashion Institute of Design Merchandising, Los Angeles Library Journal 20110512)
Packs a lot of knowledge into a wirebound guide of equal use to DIY-ers as design professionals… Seeing is believing. (Kim Yeager Minneapolis Star-Tribune 20101211)
It’s a useful book whether you are building or just looking for an illuminating read for the dark season. (Paula Constantine Providence Journal )
From wine cellars to master bedrooms, the special requirements of the whole house are discussed. (Terry Peters The Now Newspaper.com )
Not sure where to begin? Grab The Home Lighting Effects Bible by Lucy Martin. (Winnipeg Free Press)
More than 200 solutions for home lighting challenges.
The Home Lighting Effects Bible shows how lighting can transform a home, increase the sense of space, provide practical lighting for working areas and bring warmth, ambience, highlights and drama.
The author provides information on the technical aspects of lighting — sources, strength, direction, angle, color and control — for the interior designer and the home owner.
Design topics include:
- Directional lighting, up-lighting, spotlighting
- Moveable, recessed, stretch-wire and concealed mountings
- How to give light depth and character
- Purpose lighting, such as picture lighting, special effects, task lights and color washes
- LED and fluorescent bulbs
- Low-voltage and hard-wired power sources
- Styles and functions of different types of lighting
- Finding the right size
- Working with light color
- How to choose decorative lighting
The main section of the book is a comprehensive directory that examines, room-by-room, every kind of lighting requirement in a house and recommends the best solutions. With ideas for stairs (and under stairs), nooks and alcoves, wine cellars, media rooms and more, no corner is missed.
A valuable resource for professional and non-professional decorators alike, this practical book is published in a handy format with a concealed wiro-binding that lies flat for easy use.
- Spiral-bound: 256 pages
- Publisher: Firefly Books; Spi edition (September 16, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1554077109
- ISBN-13: 978-1554077106
- Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 6.6 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)