Residential Lighting: A Practical Guide to Beautiful and Sustainable Design
From the Back Cover
Bring lighting to its full potential in any home
Well-designed lighting can transform a space and enhance its occupants’ feelings of well-being. Written by internationally recognized lighting consultant Randall Whitehead, this popular, easy-to-read lighting design guide offers both lighting designers and homeowners a highly visual introduction to the fundamentals of illuminating the single-family home.
Emphasizing the use of “light layering”—using a variety of lighting sources together—the book shares advice on design tools and room-by-room lighting strategies so you can visually shape a home to meet human needs. You’ll find hands-on guidelines for assessing a client’s needs, drawing a reflected ceiling plan, writing lighting specifications, choosing materials, and more.
Updated and enhanced throughout, this Second Edition offers:
- The design tools for putting together a well-designed lighting plan
- Room-by-room advice, with real-life examples of the products provided on related Web sites
- Expanded chapters on energy-efficient lighting, including LED technology, GU24 fluorescent lamps, and daylighting
- 32 pages of color plates demonstrating professional redesigns of interior and exterior rooms, and home offices
Filled with practical, pleasing solutions, this book will be a springboard for the imagination of interior designers, architects, and anyone working on residential projects where lighting is integral to the design.
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2 edition (December 22, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470284838
- ISBN-13: 978-0470284834
- Product Dimensions: 10.9 x 8.5 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)